Mental Health First Aid Adult Training
The Noblesville Chamber, in partnership with Invest Hamilton County, OneZone and Westfield Chambers hosts quarterly Mental Health First Aid trainings focused on employers throughout Hamilton County.
Typically, this training costs at least $250-$400 per person, but thanks to support from the Hamilton County Council and Commissioners via the ARPA Committee, this training only costs $5 per person. Trainings are conducted by Mental Health America of Indiana.
WHY MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- How to administer naloxone in the event of an opioid overdose
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
Date and Time
Wednesday Sep 13, 2023
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
September 13, 2023
8:00AM to 4:00PM
Hamilton County Community Foundation Collaboration Hub,
11810 Technology Dr, Fishers
$5 per person discounted rate